BIG SPLASH RULES
1. Sponsor. The Sandusky Area Maritime Association (SAMA), an Ohio non-profit corporation, operates the Maritime Museum of Sandusky. SAMA is the sponsor of the Big Splash Raffle (the “Raffle”) and the Big Splash Committee of SAMA (the “Big Splash Committee”) conducts the Big Splash Raffle. SAMA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. The purpose of the Raffle is to raise funds for the operation of the Maritime Museum of Sandusky and for the related activities of SAMA.
2. Eligibility. Any person 18 years of age or older, residing where the Raffle is not prohibited, may purchase a ticket (“Ticket”) to be entered in the Raffle (such person shall be herein known as the “Ticket Holder”). An affidavit of eligibility may be required from Ticket Holders who win a prize. Big Splash Committee members are prohibited from purchasing Tickets, side raffle tickets, or any other raffle tickets affiliated with the Raffle.
3. Rules. By purchasing a Ticket, each Ticket Holder accepts and agrees to be bound by all the rules, limitations, conditions, and restrictions set forth herein (the “Rules”), as well as all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations. The Big Splash Committee’s decisions in all matters concerning the Raffle and its interpretation and application of the Rules shall be final. Please contact SAMA if you have questions regarding the Rules or the Raffle. The Raffle is void where prohibited by law.
4. Modification or Cancellation of Raffle or Rules. SAMA reserves the right to cancel or modify the Raffle and to change or modify the Rules in its sole discretion.
5. Releases. By purchasing a Ticket, each Ticket Holder releases SAMA, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, and the members of the Big Splash Committee, from any and all liability with respect to the raffle, including, but not limited to, the selection process and the interpretation and application of the Rules, and from any and all liability for injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, and each Ticket Holder agrees to indemnify and hold SAMA harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the winner’s acceptance or use of any prize. Each Ticket Holder agrees that his name, likeness, and any statements made by him regarding the prize may be disclosed to, and used by, the news media and may otherwise by used by SAMA for advertising or publicity purposes without compensation, and in lists of prize winners to be published in area newspapers and other media.
6. Tickets. The cost to purchase a Ticket for the Raffle is $100.00 (U.S. Funds only). A maximum of 5,000 Tickets will be sold. Each Ticket has one number. Any eligible person may purchase more than one Ticket. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid Tickets sold. Tickets will not be sold after 1:00 p.m., Saturday, August 21, 2021. All tickets will be sealed. Mail orders will be drawn randomly from the main drawing terminal, located at the Maritime Museum of Sandusky. Tickets are also available at designated off-site Big Splash Raffle Ticket locations and from designated individuals. Any unsold tickets become the property of SAMA. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries, or similar drawings for valuable prizes are not gifts, and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions. A Ticket is not valid and shall not be entered in the Raffle until full and satisfactory payment for such Ticket is received by SAMA.
7. Failure of Payment. If a Ticket Holder’s payment by credit card is declined or check is dishonored by the bank for any reason, such Ticket Holder’s Ticket shall be invalid and will not be entered in the drawing, unless full and satisfactory payment is made by 11:00 a.m., Saturday, August 21, 2021. SAMA will endeavor to notify the invalidated Ticket Holder by mail at the address provided on the Ticket Stub; however, any failure to do so shall not cause the Ticket to become valid, cause the Ticket to be entered in the Raffle, or give rise to any claim or cause of action on behalf of the invalidated Ticket Holder.
8. Multiple-Party Tickets. In the event that more than one name is listed on a Ticket stub, the first name listed shall be deemed to be the Ticket Holder. Delivery or payment of the prize shall be made to the Ticket Holder. It is the responsibility of the Ticket Holder to allocate any such prize among the participants in a multiple-party Ticket and SAMA, its directors, officers, employees, and agents, and the members of the Big Splash Committee, shall have no liability for any failure to do so.
9. Submission of Ticket Stub. It is the Ticket Holder’s responsibility to return the Ticket stub (“Ticket Stub”) attached to the bottom of this Ticket to SAMA, at the address for the Maritime Museum of Sandusky indicated herein, no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday August 20, 2021. If SAMA does not receive the attached ticket stub at the address and by the time set forth herein, this Ticket will be invalid and will not be entered in the drawing. SAMA assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected, or non-delivered stubs, or stubs otherwise lost in transit. All defective or physically altered Ticket Stubs will be immediately disqualified by SAMA and the corresponding Ticket shall be invalid. Please print clearly. Ticket stubs are not transferable once ticket holder has submitted ticket stub to the Maritime Museum
10. Raffle Drawing. The Raffle Drawing shall take place on August 21, 2021. In order to be eligible for the Raffle Drawing, a Ticket Holder must have submitted the Ticket Stub to SAMA at the address for the Maritime Museum of Sandusky indicated herein, no later than 4:00 p.m., Friday, August 20, 2021, OR have purchased the Ticket in person on August 21, 2021, and submitted the Ticket Stub in person no later than 1:00 p.m. on August 21, 2021. Winning numbers will be randomly chosen by means of a lottery ball machine and the winners of the prizes will be the Ticket Holders who have submitted a stub from a valid Ticket whose number matches one of the numbers chosen. If the Raffle is held, all prizes will be given away. If the Raffle is not held, all money will be returned to the Ticket Holders. There is no substitution of prizes.
TICKET HOLDERS NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN.
The winning number will be randomly chosen by means of a lottery ball machine and the winner of the prize will be the Ticket Holder who has submitted a stub from a valid Ticket whose number matches the number chosen.
An Early Bird Drawing shall take place on July 4, 2021. The Early Bird Drawing shall have a value of $500.00 per winner and twenty (20) winners will be drawn. In order to be eligible for the Early Bird Drawing, a Ticket Holder must have submitted the Ticket Stub to SAMA at the address for the Maritime Museum of Sandusky indicated herein, no later than 4:00 p.m., July 3, 2021. Winning numbers will be randomly chosen by means of a lottery ball machine and the winners of the prizes will be the Ticket Holders who have submitted a stub from a valid Ticket whose number matches one of the numbers chosen.
11. Claiming a Prize. Winning Ticket Holders will be notified by phone, email, or mail at the address provided on the Ticket Stub. All prizes must be claimed within thirty (30) days of mailing of notification. Failure to claim a prize within thirty (30) days, as provided herein, shall void the winning Ticket Holder’s Ticket and result in an automatic forfeiture of the right to receive such prize. A list of winners will be available at the Maritime Museum and online at www.BigSplashRaffle.com. Ticket Holders may request a list of winners, by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Maritime Museum of Sandusky, 125 Meigs St., Sandusky, OH 44870.
12. Obligations of Winning Ticket Holders. Except as otherwise provided herein, each Ticket Holder who wins a prize is responsible for all costs associated with that prize, including, but not limited to, registration, licensing, delivery and other applicable fees, as well as all local, state, and federal taxes that may be applicable. SAMA will pay all state sales tax and title fees. Prizes valued at $5,000.00 or more require payment of Federal Taxes prior to taking receipt of the prize. Ticket Holders are advised to consult with a tax advisor to determine any tax liabilities. Each winning Ticket Holder is required to provide SAMA with valid identification and a valid social security number, and must complete all IRS and other forms requested by SAMA prior to delivery of a prize. Failure to provide any information, to complete any form, or to pay any taxes requested by SAMA shall constitute failure to claim a prize.
13. Entry to Big Splash Raffle Drawing Area. Each Ticket entitles the Ticket Holder and the Ticket Holder’s guests to enter the Big Splash Raffle Drawing area. Only Ticket Holders, their guests, event security, and individuals designated by the Big Splash Committee, 18 years of age or older, will be admitted into the Big Splash Raffle Drawing area. There will be limited covered seating available. Lawn chairs are permitted in the Big Splash Raffle Drawing area. NO coolers are permitted in the Big Splash Raffle Drawing area. NO pets are permitted in the Big Splash Raffle Drawing area.
Some Prizes will not be available on the day of the drawing. Winners not present may claim their prize by calling the Maritime Museum of Sandusky at (419) 624-0274.